Deb Biche joined the Thomas Athletic Department in 2009 as Athletic Director, then stepped down to take over the women's soccer program in 2011.
In Biche's third year at the helm, the Terriers made the NAC playoffs for the second time under her guidance. The Terriers had had crucial conference victories over Lyndon State and Green Mountain to secure the postseason spot. During the 2013 season netminder Kate Thibodeau recorded her 500th career save on October 5 against Colby-Sawyer.
Biche was able to improve the Terriers record her second year with the team. In 2012 Thomas recorded 160 shots in 16 games and improved their goals scored by four to 15 on eight team assists.
A highlight of the 2012 season came against Maine-Presque Isle. With the score tied, Elizabeth Goodall scored in the final minute of play to rally for a 2-1 win; their fourth conference win of the season.
In her first season at the helm, Deb Biche led the 2011 women’s soccer team to the North Atlantic Conference Quarterfinal’s as the number eight seed. The Terriers finished the season with an overall record of 3-14 (3-6 NAC). The 2011 squad recorded 169 shots in 17 games while scoring 11 goals on 8 assists.
2011’s biggest win of the season came on September 17th when they defeated NAC rival Husson at home 1-0 behind a goal from freshman Mary Grace Morris and a shutout from sophomore goalkeeper Kate Thibodeau.
Prior to becoming the AD at Thomas, Biche served as the head women's soccer coach at St. Lawrence University in Canton, N.Y. from '98-'08. While at St. Lawrence, Biche led the Saints to 104 victories under her guidance.
Prior to leading St. Lawrence Biche served as the assistant coach at NCAA Division I Davidson College in Davidson, N.C. ('96-'98). From '93-'96 Biche served at the head coach at St. Joseph's College in Standish, Maine where she held a 33-17-4 record.
Biche is a '92 graduate of Plymouth State where she received her bachelor of science in Psychology with a minor in Coaching. In '93 Biche earned her master of science from Ithaca College.
Biche was a four year member of the Plymouth State women’s Soccer team and was named NSCAA Soccer First Team All-American in '91 and was also named Little East Conference Women's Soccer Player of the Year in '90 and '91. Biche played on two Plymouth State teams that appeared in the NCAA Final Four ('89 and '91). In ’00 Biche was inducted into the Plymouth State Athletic Hall of Fame.
- Thomas Holds Annual Athletics Banquet
- Howorth Named to NAC Women's Soccer...
- Women's Soccer Defeated by NEC in Season...
- Women's Soccer Falls to Colby-Sawyer
- Women's Soccer Downed By Maine Maritime
- Women's Soccer Toppled in Second Half...
- Women's Soccer Falls Versus Husson
- Howorth Powers Terriers to Victory Over...
- Women's Soccer Edged By Regis
- Terriers Pick Up First NAC Win Over GMC
- Thomas Defeated on Road By Castleton
- Thomas Drops Conference Opener to...
- Terriers Fall Short at Saint Joseph's
- Terriers Explode For 13 Goals Against...
- Terriers Fall to Mules in Battle of...
- Howorth's OT Goal Seals 3-2 Victory
- Thomas Denied by USM in Opening Night of...
- Terriers Take Down Becker, 1-0
- NAC Releases Women's Soccer Preseason...
- Terriers Fall to Berry in Season Opener