Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
What is SAAC? It is a committee made up of student-athletes assembled to provide insight on the student-athlete experience. The SAAC also offers input on the rules, regulations and policies that affect student-athletes' lives on NCAA member institution campuses.
"The mission of the National Collegiate Athletic Association Student-Athlete Advisory Committee is to enhance the total student-athlete experience by promoting opportunity, protecting student-athlete welfare and fostering a positive student-athlete image."
National SAACs (Divisions I, II and III) at a glance:
• Generate a student-athlete voice within the NCAA structure.
• Solicit student-athlete response to proposed NCAA legislation.
• Recommend potential NCAA legislation.
• Review, react and comment to the governance structure on legislation, activities and subjects of interest.
• Actively participate in the administrative process of athletics programs and the NCAA.
• Promote a positive student-athlete image.
Functions of campus SAACs:
• Promote communication between athletics administration and student-athletes.
• Disseminate information.
• Provide feedback and insight into athletics department issues.
• Generate a student-athlete voice within the campus athletics department formulation of policies.
• Build a sense of community within the athletics program involving all athletics teams.
• Solicit student-athlete responses to proposed conference and NCAA legislation.
• Organize community service efforts.
• Create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees (e.g., student government).
• Promote a positive student-athlete image on campus.
The campus SAAC may also serve as a conduit of communication among student-athletes, coaches and athletics administrators on issues to improve the student-athlete experience and promote growth and education through sports participation. Concerns can be voiced and solutions offered regarding any issue that may be relevant to NCAA student-athletes. Through the grass-roots efforts of campus SAACs, student-athletes have the opportunity to change the face of intercollegiate athletics.
2016-2017 Team Representatives
Baseball - Jose Cabrera, Riley Simonetti
Field Hockey - Abbie Charrier, Katie Taylor
Men's Cross Country - Jarrod Ottman
Men's Lacrosse - Connor Lamberton
Men's Soccer - Josh Irving, Jonathan Dutka
Softball - Madison Bentz, Korrie Laren
Women's Cross Country - Alyssa Maggi
Women's Basketball - Karli Stubbs
Women's Lacrosse - Cassidy West, Kailegh Benson
Women's Soccer - Cassie Contigiani, Taylor Peno, Julia Smith
Women's Tennis - Olivia Mora